“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Last Sunday I blogged about the project I started using scraps of fabric.  It is a very different way to make a quilt.  I have researched this Kawandi type of quilt and there are photos but not a lot of direction on how to make them.  As I explained you hand stitch the scraps of fabric starting on the outside.  I am figuring it out as I go.  Some of my stitches are running stitch and some are back stitch and some are short and some are longer.  That is the way I want it....and I am enjoying this process and it is so much fun!!!

Places to research about Kawandi quilts.....TQS episode 2705 with Sujata Shah 

                                                               and You Tube stree3.....Margaret Fabrizio

Here is a photo taken today of my Kawandi type quilt.  I am also working on my mini three crazy sisters quilt.

I am linking to Kathy's Quilts  Slow Sunday Stitching

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/slow-sunday-stitching_20.html


and to Quilting is More Fun than Housework   Oh Scrap!

http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2020/09/oh-scrap-bit-by-bit.html


Be sure to check out what everyone is doing and join in on the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

7 comments:

  1. This is neat. I look forward to seeing it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun project. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it is fun and so different than anything I have done before!

      Delete
  3. I am loving your Kawandi type quilt. The fabrics you are choosing are lovely and each one adds interest and beauty to the other. What a fascinating project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim....I always wonder what fabric wants to join in the fun next!!

      Delete
  4. Bonjour je suis française je suis aussi intéressée par la technique kawandi c’est vrai que je ne trouve pas beaucoup d’explications aussi je vais me lancer et comme on dit chez moi on verra bien le final.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!