“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #34

 My 34th week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday

Here is the list from last week

To-Do Tuesday week of September 1 through September 7:
  1. Continue hand quilting the mini Beatrix Potter quilt 3 crazy sisters yes
  2. Scrappy rectangle sashing yes
  3. FMQ practice 4 days yes
  4. Scrappy around the cabin blocks....join more together yes
I talked about three projects in my blog post 2 days ago with photos...
the Beatrix Potter mini, the dolphin runner and #20 Stitch Meditation.

I did some FMQ with my BSR and used designs I saw on Craftsy and IG by Christina Cameli. I made a practice sandwich using 4 images from Susan Winget fabric.
Sprials.......echoed paisley...pebbles.....S shaped echoed....she calls toothpaste swirl.....bear claws and my S or L shape echoed.


AND here are some other smaller practice pieces where I followed the lines of the design and used the BSR foot and also the ruler foot with a straight ruler to do the lines. The ruler foot works much better........I just need to get used to moving everything at once.....hold the ruler in place....move the fabric....and keep the ruler foot next to the ruler AND get a consistent stitch.


Another photo of the around the cabin blocks on a batting in front of another quilt. I made little cardboard pieces in different sizes to help with checking all the sizes of the blocks....so I don't have to keep measuring each block piece. They are laying on top of each group in the photo....5½" 6" 6½"....etc....

To-Do Tuesday week of September 8 through September 14:
  1. Finish dolphin runner
  2. Work on other projects in progress..........scrappy rectangles.....around the cabin....and mini 3 crazy sisters AND my potholder FMQ practice pieces.

I am linking to Roseanne's 

and linking to Rebecca Grace  about FMQ

and linking to Free Motion Mavericks

Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

6 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! There really is a lot to remember when using rulers for quilting, isn't there. When you spelled it out like that, I'm like yes! No wonder I have issues with sticking the ruler foot on the ruler going in some directions. I struggle getting nice even stitches when using a ruler. I guess more practice is needed! Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice is the key to getting better....and almost every day is best! Yup....that is what I need to do!!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Caryl! I so wished Bernina's ruler foot was going to somehow work with BSR for stitch regulation, but I guess you can't have everything in one foot! Your "toothpaste swirls" look great. I find it interesting that two quilting teachers might have a similar quilting design, but they call it by different names and sometimes one of the names helps me to visualize and quilt it better. I seem to remember another teacher calling a similar design "Barbie hair" because it looks like how Barbie's hair was drawn on the box she came in. :-). Thanks for linking up with Long Arm Learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are soooo many quilting designs to choose to stitch a quilt....and it makes it so interesting when quilters call the same stitch by different names. I am so glad so many want to share their knowledge and ideas!!

      Delete
  3. Hello Caryl,
    The practice blocks are really pretty. I especially love the sunflower. They would look great as the centre piece of cushions.
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muv. One of these days I need to get back to doing more than a practice piece!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!