“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Disappearing Jelly Roll Rails quilt

 A Friday finish this week........will link to finish it up Friday crazymomquilts...
I did the hand stitching on the binding this week while waiting at the hospital during my DH knee replacement surgery.
 I did a tutorial on making this quilt in an earlier post  http://carylquilts.blogspot.com/2017/03/disappearing-jelly-roll-tutorial.html
I used the binding tool for the first time and watched several videos for how to use it....
I mainly took the photos for myself to remember next time..........


I will also link with Connie at Freemotion by the River for Linky Tuesday.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

12 comments:

  1. Really like the binding with this little bright happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I wanted to use black and white stripe but I didn't have enough!

      Delete
  2. I'd seen the binding tool before, but don't have or use one. I just fold one end down to make the angle and tuck the other end in. A couple of tacking stitches and it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HM...that is the way I first started doing the binding like you do it. I have tried other methods and with this binding tool you have to be exact. I was in a hurry the first time and had to redo it!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I pinned your tutorial! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors. Interesting rails, too. I need to try that at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting....try it...you will like it!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work Caryl, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!