“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Scrap quilt finish and To-Do Tuesday #37


 My version of Kawandi quilt is finished!  I am calling it Birds in the Moonlight.

I have blogged about it in the past several weeks after I was inspired by Sujata Shah on TQS #2705.  I love the improv way of deciding as you go what comes next.  I used #12 Aurifil purple thread to meander my way around and around!!  It is 13 x 17....a small wall hanging.

My 37th week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday

Here is the list from last week

To-Do Tuesday week of September 22 through September 28:
  1. Get at least half of the Cool Cat pieces cut out ✅
  2. figure out where I was on the Apple Crisp quilt and finish cutting and start sewing ✅
  3. decide on a fall project to make ✅
16 of 30 cut out....still need to find lighter blues.  The photo of the blue fabric I showed last week is all so similar SO  I ordered Peacock fabric Kaffe Fassett and I would like to use some of that in this quilt.

Apple Crisp all cut out and HST sewn using the paper...now to sew the blocks together  


This fall fabric is offset and I decided to cut it apart and add some black leftover strips and added a back and some batting and I will use it to practice FMQing.


To-Do Tuesday week of September 29 through October 5:
  1. FMQ     Angela Walters has a new class on YouTube about using rulers
  2. Apple Crisp blocks
  3. start another Kawandi quilt
I am linking to Roseanne's 

Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

10 comments:

  1. Your blue fabrics are so pretty! And wow that apple crisp is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki...I need more contrast and I prefer to match my colors in a store! AND I need to practice a lot of FMQ for the Apple Crisp quilt when I get it ready!

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Your Birds in the Moonlight is awesome...love all the
    different colors...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie......the center fabric really added a lot to this quilt....and I really like it better than at first!

      Delete
  3. Hi Caryl, I love your finished quilt - it's so vibrant! Good luck with your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caryl! That's right - Angela's new class on rulers starts tomorrow, I think. I like to watch her videos along with Natalia Bonner. Your latest Kawandi quilt looks like the outline of a cat in one of the center pieces. Very cool looking! Thanks so much for linking up this week - #37 already! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne.....I will need to check out Natalia Bonner. It is always fun to learn new things.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy....little did I know then in September that I would be making more. They are just addictive!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!