“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, November 26, 2010

4 patch charms tutorial


on flickr I called this fall essence charms tabletopper...
I used essence fabric by Sandy Gervais....

I used 8 light charms and 8 dark charms...
and matching essence fabric for borders and binding...

on the back of 8 light charms draw lines down the centers each way...
put right sides together of a light with a dark....
sew 1/4" on each side of one the drawn lines...

cut on the drawn lines...
you now have 32 pairs....

press to the dark fabric...
lay out pairs ready to 4 patches...

sew into 4 patches and you now have 16 4 patches...

place in a desirable arrangement...
I started with the middle four blocks to decide on the positions...
sew blocks together in rows....

add 2" borders....

sandwich the backing, batting and top and quilt as desired...
add the binding....and enjoy...
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have lots of charm packs just waiting for a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tabletoppers, and yours is charming. Thank you for the tutorial, I may make it when I get some other projects done and delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table topper. Does it take long to make? I love the colors you chose especially the dark tones. You've inspired me to make one--I bet they're addicting! Thanks for the step out visuals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!