“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #35 and dolphin runner finish

 My 35th week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday

Here is the list from last week


To-Do Tuesday week of September 8 through September 14:
  1. Finish dolphin runner yes
  2. Work on other projects in progress..........scrappy rectangles.....around the cabin....and mini 3 crazy sisters AND my potholder FMQ practice pieces. yes




This dolphin runner started with me finding 3 dolphin fat quarters with the idea of making a runner for a friend to fit the top of her 50 x 18 cabinet.  She also really likes dolphins, blue and flags.  The decisions on this were the size of each section and the sashing...the cornerstones were needed to make it complete.  Then I decided on quilting with wavy lines with some crossing over each other.
And I remembered to FMQ my name and year at the edge...you can see it if you zoom in on that area.
The next photo is the scrappy rectangle quilt top finished and ready to find a backing and decide on quilting?  I used a black jelly roll to put vertical sashing on each block and used all of the length of the strips for the horizontal sashing.  I left the selvage ends on to sew the strips and will trim them after quilting.

I started a new project this week....actually two new projects........
I was watching The Quilt Show episode 2705 and became fascinated with the Kawandi quilt method shown by Sujata Shah.  I put photos and explained this in my last post on Sunday...Slow Sunday Stitching.
I also started another little quilt because of another fascination I saw on Pinterest....by Melody Johnson.  Nothing more about that now.

To-Do Tuesday week of September 15 through September 21:
  1. finish hand quilting mini three crazy sisters quilt
  2. start Cool Cats quilt in blues
  3. FMQ 4 days this week
I am linking to Roseanne's 

and linking to Rebecca Grace  about FMQ

and linking to Free Motion Mavericks

Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

10 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Oh, I'll bet your friend will just LOVE the dolphin runner. Not only is it the perfect size but it also features everything she loves. Putting the flag backing on was brilliant - she will be able to reverse the runner if she wants to, now and then. Good luck with your list and thank you for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dolphin runner!!! and that scrappy rectangle - that is a wonderful one!! good luck on this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alycia....thanks and glad you joined in the weekly list group!!!

      Delete
  3. Caryl, quilting your name and the year directly into the quilt is a GREAT idea! So many of us plan to add that information on a label later, like MUCH later, like maybe we'll do it eventually... and it doesn't get done at all. Great job with both projects; I love the wavy lines on the dolphin piece. Thanks for linking up with Long Arm Learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Grace...I don't do a label on my quilts unless I have to...and signing my name and year in the stitching is so fast and easy.

      Delete
  4. Great wavy quilting on the dolphin runner, I am sure your friend will enjoy using it! Looking forward to seeing progress on your new projects;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caryl, that's a great dolphin runner and the waves are perfect for it. Congrats on your finish. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!