“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Gypsy Wife quilt along 2019

Have you heard about this quilt along? 

I found out about this from an online friend and I decided to join in!!

Here is the link to her blog post

 http://madakamom.blogspot.com/2018/12/2019-gypsy-wife-quilt-along.html

and there is a facebook group to join called Gypsy Wife quilt along 2019. 

This group just formed last week and there are already over 1300 members.

It is a pattern by Jen Kingwell and is not a new pattern.  It has been out for several years.  I had never heard of it but couldn't stop thinking about it once I saw it and looked online at all the images and possibilities for colors!

Here is a photo of the quilt that is on the FB group that I have joined.  I am waiting to receive my pattern.




Let me know if you are joining in on this fun project!  It starts Feb 2.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

11 comments:

  1. I was gifted the book. I've thought about making my own version of this quilt. I have plenty of strips already cut but I would probably use extra blocks left from projects I've made over the years. When I saw the quilt picture for the first time, that's what I thought it was, someone had used their leftover blocks in an unusual setting. Thanks for the link to the sew-along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you join in the quilt along....you are ahead of most of us by already having the book! There are a lot of people looking for someone who has the book...most places are sold out and are reordering!

      Delete
    2. What is the name of the book with this pattern?

      Delete
    3. Deborah......the name is Gypsy Wife Booklet by Jen Kingwell

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I started this quilt 2 years ago with a group in my guild, and unfortunately, I never finished. This might be a good time to pick it back up. I think I will join! Thank you for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh super Karen! Glad to hear you are joining in on this quilt along! It will be fun!

      Delete
  3. I want to participate in this quilt along - I have the book. I tried to find the 2019 group on Facebook but the link within Facebook kept coming back to this blog post.
    Look forward to more detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxann....I am not sure how to do a link to the FB group.
      Gypsy Wife quilt along 2019 is the name of the group. Type that in on FB and it should come up.

      Delete
  4. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1020630088120710/ Try this link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie....I hope that works for folks. I know Roxann did get in the group.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cherie - appreciate your assistance.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!