“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #25

My 25th week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday

Here is my progress from last week

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of June 30 through July 6:
  1. Work on UFO quilt project yes
  2. FMQ at least 4 days practice or a project yes
  3. Work on an online class lesson at least 4 days this week.yes
1  I picked a UFO from several years ago...making scrappy rectangle blocks.  
2  I practiced FMQ 4 days and started using a new ruler.  I made a mistake...I started practicing and didn't change to the ruler foot and had the wave ruler next to the BSR foot!  I broke the needle and put a chip in my new ruler!   Yikes....
The photo shows using the wave ruler on some old Susan Winget fabric that I will make into 3 potholders .  Using this ruler is harder then it seems like it would be....keeping the ruler in a spot and moving the fabric and changing the position of the ruler.  AND I didn't have very smooth transitions so I need to put the end of the ruler in less conspicuous spots.
3 I did online class lessons 5 days this week

This week I sewed the rows together of the Hope quilt and here is a photo.
I have to decide on quilting thread and pattern...oh....and decide on a backing.

I am going to use the same goals for this next week as last week.

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of July 7 through July 13:
  1. Work on UFO quilt project
  2. FMQ at least 4 days practice or a project
  3. Work on an online class lesson at least 4 days this week.
I am linking to Roseanne's


Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

8 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! OMG - that must have been scary when you had the wrong foot on your machine for ruler quilting. My heart is beating quicker just thinking about it. Those wavy lines look pretty nifty on the potholders. Your Hope quilt is beautiful - I love the fabrics you chose. Next week you'll be joining in on to-do lists for half a year already! I hope you have found it to be worthwhile. Thanks for linking up this week and good luck with your list for next week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roseanne....I guess that is why there is a special foot for rulers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Great accomplishments this week...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty quilt! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy I know that feeling you might have had with the ruler and needle colliding. Not fun! I hope all was okay with your machine though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!