“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Today I am stitching on a new type of quilt that I started this week.  I was watching The Quilt Show episode 2705 and Sujata Shah was showing the Kawandi scrap quilt method.  It is so different than anything I have seen before and I had to start my version.  Here is what I have done so far........


 You start by hand stitching pieces from the outside and go all around.  I am deciding the next patchwork piece as I come to each.  So far.....this is so fun!

The start is using a very thin piece of cotton fabric and folding it over a piece of batting and baste stitch around the edge.  

I am not putting the corner pieces on as the true Kawandi quilts are done.  Research this if you aren't familiar.....besides TQS (which might be free if you aren't a member?) there are videos on You Tube.

Sujata Shah has a web site called The Root Connection.

I am linking to Kathy's Quilts  https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/slow-sunday-stitching_13.html Slow Sunday Stitching

Be sure to check out what everyone is doing.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of finishing the block edge before doing the fun part of stitching. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb....This is a very different way to make a quilt....and starting at the outside is only the beginning of all the different ways to make a quilt. It is so much fun!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like something I need to do. Always want fun ideas to teach my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very fun.....and I enjoy the process and don't worry about being perfect. It is more fun that way and imperfect is perfect!

      Delete
  3. Looks interesting but can we please what the reverse side looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reverse side is the fabric folded over the edge of the batting that you see in the photos.

      Delete
  4. Any more on this project? Would love to see how you connected them or a finished project. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This won't let me link the finish blog post. Check my other blog posts in Sept 2020. And I have done more since the first one. Also photos at the top of this blog.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!