“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #42

 Another To-Do Tuesday and linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us

Here is last week's list and progress:

To-Do Tuesday week of November 24 through November 30:

  1. FMQ Christmas panel by Susan Winget ✅
  2. paint and stitch project 
  3. Bonnie Hunter mystery starts Friday 
  4. start a manx block
I ran into a problem with the Christmas panel....I discovered I didn't completely cover all 4 of the panels with the backing when I started this years ago!!  I had started hand quilting the top left panel and my thought probably was to cut it up into separate panels.  Now I have FMQ on it and will just have to piece some backing before I finish the quilting....

Here is the stitch and paint project I am doing.  The You Tube video is Textile Card, Free Printable by stitchesbyjulia    My method of transfer is with a Frixion pen that erases with heat.

I did start the mystery last Friday.  I did some practice pieces using the essential ruler and have some grays and golds ready to sew.  

The manx block did not get started.....maybe next year.

My sister and her husband had their 50th anniversary and here is the card I made for them.  I used sparkle embossing powder on the flower design and watercolors with dry brush distress ink on the outer parts.  

I worked on some painted papers made into little books from Joanne Sharpe Art Sparks 1 class


The trees are starting to turn....this is a closeup of a tree I see across the street from our kitchen window.

And the next photo is the moon coming up....view from our front door across the street.


To-Do Tuesday week of December 1 through December 7:
  1. stitch and paint project
  2. Bonnie Hunter mystery
  3. Christmas projects
I am linking to Roseanne's  



Be sure to check it out.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl


2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Wow, it seems so late for the trees to be changing. It's December already!! What a beautiful view you have. The stitch and paint project looks pretty nifty - good idea to use that erasable pen. What a nice card for your sister's 50th anniversary - they'll both love your thoughtfulness. Thanks so much for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roseanne...we don't have as much color change in southern California as other places....but I do enjoy what we do have! Stitching, painting and card making lately....so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!