“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Jelly Roll Jam II finish

I finished this quilt this week that I started on Jelly Roll Day and blogged about it here
The fabric is Attitude Girls by Mary Engelbreit.  I took a photo before I opened up the jelly roll!  Now ....doesn't everyone do that??  
 The pattern is a shortcut free pattern from fatquartershop.com.  A very fun quilt to make!!
 I did the serpentine stitch with light green thread.  My "go to" quilting lately!
 And the backing is also a fabric piece from the same line.  And the binding is the same fabric as the back.  I finished this binding at a quilt retreat this past week.
I brought my Hello Kitty machine to the retreat and finished another little mat.  I also finished two others in different sizes this past month.  I used the blocks from improvisational piecing...crazy piecing like I have blogged about before.  I will be doing another post with more about the retreat.

I am linking to:
   crazy mom quilts finish it up Friday
   Freemotion by the River Linky Tuesday

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I love the bright colors. I've never seen a Hello Kitty sewing machine, but it is so cute. I bet you get a lot of comments on it when you take it places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Marti. I missed my Bernina at retreat but the Hello Kitty worked out good. Marti, I have enjoyed reading through your blog about your barndominium! WoW!!!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty quilt -- love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!