“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #24

My 24th week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday


To-Do Tuesday for the Week of June 23 through June 30:
  1. Finalize the Hope quilt placement of blocks and sew them together. yes
  2. Do more FMQ on yellow brick road quilt yes
  3. Complete dolphin runner top and start FMQ yes
1 I changed the arrangement from my photo from last week of the Hope quilt.  I have rows sewn and just need to sew the rows together.  I will show it later.
2 I have almost all of the center quilted on the yellow brick road and did the yellow border in a lazy 8.  Three photos showing some of the FMQ flowers and squiggles and the first border in the lazy 8.


3 The dolphin runner top is done and backing chosen and just waiting for the batting that I ordered.

Something new (new to me) that I discovered this past week.............IGTV...
Since I really like the Bluprint classes by Christina Cameli,  I started following her on IG and her FB group.  She has an IGTV tab on her IG and I had never heard of it before.  Go to her IG afewscraps and it is the center image and you can see short tutorial videos she has done on FMQ.  Now....how really cool is that!!!

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of June 30 through July 6:
  1. Work on UFO quilt project
  2. FMQ at least 4 days practice or a project
  3. Work on an online class lesson at least 4 days this week.
I am linking to Roseanne's


also linking to Free Motion Mavericks


Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

10 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! I have never heard of IGTV either. I love Christina Cameli - I'll have to go check out her tab. Thanks for sharing the closeup photos of your quilting. I really love the flowers, and my plan is to do some lazy 8s on a quilt top I just finished. Or maybe ribbon candy but I'm not as good at keeping those the same size. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give them a try . . . Anyway, thanks for linking up this week. I'm off to find IGTV. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne....most of the FMQ flowers are Lori Kennedy designs and I struggle with them....I am being perfectly imperfect.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I so love the yellow, black and white color combination! Your quilting is lovely - and your phrase "perfectly imperfect" speaks to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miaismine...thank you for commenting. AND I like this color combination too....but not my usual choices in making quilts. FMQ is so much more fun if you just go with the fun of it and not worry about being perfect!

      Delete
    2. Hi Caryl, I totally agree and those colours are so cheerful!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tip about IGTV, Caryl. I am so far behind on keeping up with new social media platforms. I love Pinterest but I'm hardly ever on Instagram, and I only recently figured out how to listen to podcasts while I'm quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome....it seems like there are always new changes and things to learn. BUT I just check on what I can and not enough time to check everything and do fun projects too!

      Delete
  4. Hello Caryl,

    You are getting some really pretty quilting done. Congratulations on keeping your concentration - those are busy prints!

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muv....it is really a busy print in places and I lost my way several times. I had to rely on squiggles and loops and hearts at time to get me through it!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!