“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #41

 Another To-Do Tuesday and linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us

Here is last week's list and progress:

To-Do Tuesday week of November 17 through November 23:

  1. Do another stitch and paint project ✅
  2. FMQ for 4 days
  3. Christmas project
  4. Enter more quilts in Flickr and Pinterest✅
I have been doing FMQ on a Susan Winget Christmas panel.  I am using my BSR and not particular about following the lines exactly.  Some places I go over several times.  Here is the top right of 4 images.

I have discovered a way to use the stitch regulator and not switch to the ruler foot for straight lines!!
A thin wood piece that was a leftover from another project works great.  It doesn't slip and it is easy to hold to make a straight line with the stitch regulator foot.  Here is a photo of how I use it.......

I discovered a new to me You Tube channel with stitching and painting videos by
stitchesbyjulia                I can't wait to try some of her ideas.
I also found out about making manx blocks...........You Tube videos describing these blocks like log cabin all done by hand and a very different procedure.

To-Do Tuesday week of November 24 through November 30:
  1. FMQ Christmas panel by Susan Winget 
  2. paint and stitch project
  3. Bonnie Hunter mystery starts Friday
  4. start a manx block
This week will be busy with Aztec basketball games starting.  I would like to do some decorating for Christmas but not as much as I usually do each year.

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving.  We will not be meeting with our family and it will be just the two of us.  We will cook our traditional menu and Zoom with our family..

I am linking to Roseanne's  

Be sure to check it out.

and also linking to Free Motion Mavericks


Be sure to check out this link too


Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! I see what you mean about the piece of wood to use with the FMQ foot for some straight lines. Have you tried a ruler? I have been able to use a ruler with this foot without issue. I think I have a low shank foot - but maybe it's a high shank. IDK. I can never remember! Anyway, what you're doing is working so keep it up. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Thanks for linking up this week and good luck with next week's goals. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roseanne...Yes...I have used a ruler next to the BSR but I like the wood instead of the plastic next to this foot. I did break a plastic ruler and needle next to the BSR foot....so I am extremely cautious! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caryl, good luck with the stitch regulator and your plans. Using a piece of wood instead of an expensive ruler sounds like it could have many possibilities. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to do straight lines with my stitch regulator....and using a plastic ruler next to the foot is slippery...........so I discovered using this piece of wood when I am doing a straight line mixed with FMQ is a great help....AND I don't have to switch to my ruler foot and back again!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!