“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #45 and fabric journal cover

   Another To-Do Tuesday and linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us

Here is last week's list and progress:


To-Do Tuesday week of December 15 through December 21:
  1. Bonnie Hunter mystery clue 4 and more of previous clues✅
  2. Christmas....projects, decorate, bake

I made this journal cover after following You Tube stitches by julia.   The next photos show the lining with pockets, the front and thread choices, and supplies to finish.  I decided to stitch the outside edge with the Yuletide thread.  And used the crop-a-dile to punch the holes for the elastic.




The next photo is Clue 4 block of the Bonnie Hunter mystery




I did very little decorating this year but I did hang a little shovel I painted in 2005.  We also put our John Deere train on the cutting table (after I cleared it off!).  No trees and no village this year.  NOW I am looking forward to doing all my usual decorating next year.



I made my chocolate banana bars festive with swerve frosting and sprinkles.



I found out about a new texture for watercolor paper from Joanne Sharpe Art Sparks 5 class.  Red is the first color I did and had to take a photo with the Himalayan sea salt shaker beside the paper.  I have done other papers with different colors since then.  Such fun!


To-Do Tuesday week of December 22 through December 28:
  1. Bonnie Hunter mystery clue 5
  2. Christmas - make my usual cinnamon rolls, sausage souffle and chex mix.
  3. Work on some other quilt projects
I am linking to Roseanne's  Home Sewn By Us



Be sure to check out this site and links.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Caryl, your journal cover looks amazing! What a joy it will be to write words in it and add art to it. Your little painted shovel is so adorable. And it can remain on display all through winter. What a joyous Christmas treat and setting for you to enjoy your chocolate banana bar. I love all that Christmas spirit in that photo. I like your new technique for textured watercolor paper. It does look fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caryl! Your journal cover turned out so nicely. It looks wonderful and professional. Approximately what size is it and what kind of journal do you put inside? I think I'd like to make something like that for my boss for next year! I saw another person link up and share BH's block this week. It looks difficult to me! I still need to go to her website and check out the pattern. Your banana bar looks very festive and I love the placemat and mug, not to mention the pretty dotted plate! I wish you and your family a very Happy Holidays. {{Hugs}} Thank you for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne....the journal piece was cut 10.5 x 7. Actually I have a Quilter's Planner mini inside right now. I didn't have the Peltex from the tute and just used fusible fleece. Yes...the BH block was difficult!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!