“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #43

 Another To-Do Tuesday and linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us

Here is last week's list and progress:

To-Do Tuesday week of December 1 through December 7:
  1. stitch and paint project✅
  2. Bonnie Hunter mystery
  3. Christmas projects
For those who don't know....Bonnie Hunter has a mystery that she does every year at this time.  She gives a new clue each week with tons of photos and different methods to complete the blocks.  So far I have done a tiny bit of each of the first two clues.  I am using the Essential Triangle Tool and Simple Folded Corners ruler for the first time. 

Here is a photo of samples of what I have done for clue 1 and clue 2








I am taking an online class with Jan Krentz called Optical Illusion.  This is the start of cutting and laying out the blocks.  In the photo are the rulers I am using so far.  
I have discovered in her demo in the class that it would be much easier to figure the cut of the block by using Jan's special rulers.............so today I purchased a set of them!



To-Do Tuesday week of December 8 through December 14:

  1. Bonnie Hunter mystery...do some of each clue
  2. Optical Illusion quilt
  3. Christmas projects
I am linking to Roseanne's  Home Sewn By Us


Go check out her link 

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

8 comments:

  1. Good for you for making progress on all of your goals. I have two many UFOs (and 2 are Bonnie's projects) for me to start another one. Your optical illusion looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too many UFOs also....and crazy to be starting new projects.....

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing how your optical illusion comes together. I am not familiar with Jan's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://quiltsdubai.com/jan-krentz.html link to read more about Jan. She was the winner of the 1998 Teacher of the Year award and has written books about diamond quilts, etc. She has been travel teaching all over the world and her last teaching before covid was in Dubai in Feb this year. She is switching to teaching on Zoom now. She has been on TQS and also has a class on Craftsy.

      Delete
  3. Hi Caryl! That optical illusion quilt looks like fun!! Your HSTs look fabulous. I always have trouble making the hourglass blocks - do you find the ruler has helped you with that? Look at all those checkmarks for last week! Great job and thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ruler helps IF you are really accurate on measurements of the fabric and stitching! And as I am doing these new things....I realize why I really like improv stitching! But doing both is a great to mix things up!

      Delete
  4. Way to go on meeting your goals! Good luck with the next list. The optical illusion project looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the optical illusion blocks are interesting and fascinating!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!