“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, April 24, 2014

five layer salad tablerunner

 I started this project last month with the idea that I wanted to sew black and white strips together!!
 So I went searching online and in my books and quickly I came upon the book "Let's Do Lunch"  I found a pattern called "Seven Layer Salad" and I knew that I could adapt my black and white idea to this pattern.  I used jelly roll strips and made five sections....thus the name I call it!
 I used Pat Sloan's batik fabric because I wanted something bright and colorful for my table.
 Here is another photo...this photo with flash and my new plant in the middle!
I have previously posted photos of this progress on instagram.  I had decided at first just to quilt the centers of each group of three....but that wasn't enough so I just did wavy lines down the middle of each strip.  I am happy with this little tablerunner and am making placemats to match.
The measurements are 16 x 31½.
 Smiles and hugs....Caryl

Linking with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation and finish it up Friday with crazymom quilts.
Linked with facebook group Quilt Along with Pat Sloan.

10 comments:

  1. Looks great! and very easy to do!

    hm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your table runner! It is bright and cheerful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really colorful and bright. Seems like your goal was accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics. Looks so pretty on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this very much!! I need to sit down with my sewing here…been too busy spinning and weaving etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is beautiful - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great on your table. so colorful!

    Thanks for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!