“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #44 and optical illusion

  Another To-Do Tuesday and linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn By Us

Here is last week's list and progress:

To-Do Tuesday week of December 8 through December 14:

  1. Bonnie Hunter mystery...do some of each clue✅
  2. Optical Illusion quilt
  3. Christmas projects
What a great difference it made after I got Jan's special rulers she designed for the optical illusion quilt!!
This was the only stripe fabric I found in my stash to use for this class...I started by using my rulers at first  (see last week's post)  and the accuracy was much better cutting fabric with Jan's rulers.  The second photo shows a test with scraps to see how they will look when sewn.  

This is the Optical Illusion class taught on Zoom by Jan Krentz.  She received the 1998 Teacher of the Year award and has written books about diamond quilts, etc. She has been travel teaching all over the world and her last teaching before covid was in Dubai in Feb this year. She is switching to teaching on Zoom now. She has been on TQS and also has a class on Craftsy.


Next.......Bonnie Hunter mystery clue 3 using the essential triangle tool and called tricky triangle units.  In the second photo the best one is on the right and the next ones are slightly off.  But I will find out later in the mystery if this is ok to go with what comes next to them......

I also worked on previous clues....I just love how the back seam spin looks on the hourglass blocks!
 It doesn't seem possible to be only 10 days until Christmas....in search of a Christmas quilt for a Zoom meeting background and I found this photo on my blog taken years ago.  This is a quilt I finished in 2007....I had started it in 1993 in Nancy Fisher's class.  I had put it away and stopped quilting and my sister encouraged me to get it out and finish it.  We sat together and did the binding and that got me back to quilting again!!




To-Do Tuesday week of December 15 through December 21:
  1. Bonnie Hunter mystery clue 4 and more of previous clues
  2. Christmas....projects, decorate, bake
I am linking to Roseanne's  Home Sewn By Us



Be sure to check the others who have linked this week

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! I'm so glad your sister got you back into quilting. Imagine all of the things you've made since 2007 that wouldn't be made. The optical illusion is coming together nicely and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes. Those latest units by BH look hard to make - I can't wait to see the next component. Thanks so much for linking up today. Hi Sherrie! I think your baking rack (is that what it is?) works great for taking quilt pictures. I do hope you get a quilting room for yourself in 2021 - my fingers are crossed. I look forward to seeing your Sunbonnet Sue & Sam. I wonder who the sweet photo bomber is?! He looks like he enjoys Sunbonnet Sue as much as I do except it wouldn’t put me to sleep! I hope you had an awesome Tuesday, too. Thanks so much for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BH units are hard to get to come out exact....but with practice I can do it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!