“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Kawandi mug rug to a journal cover

 I like to make journal covers for junk journals.
 In February I decided to use a small Kawandi mug rug I had made and turn it into a journal cover.


I cut a piece of batting the same size as the top of the mug rug and cut a piece of fabric about 1½" larger all around.. I folded the fabric over the batting and hand stitched rows of stitching over the whole thing.  I used Aurifil purple 12wt thread.  I glued two Peltex pieces to this inner journal cover.



 Then I used Sulky teal varigated 12 wt thread to stitch around the outside to finish the cover.



I will be going back  in this blog to post projects I have done and my method of making things.  i need to have this reference here.  Everyone is welcome to use my tutorials.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always copy my blog post link to my FB group cinnamon holiday workshop. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!