“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Slow Stitching and mask making

I am linking again to Slow Sunday Stitching.. 
Last Sunday I posted about my zen stitching piece that I had some indecision and put it away until another day.  I did finish it this week and took a photo.  I also finished the liberated log cabin mini quilt and info about it is in my last blog post.


The next photo shows the batik fabric I am using for masks and the purple is binding for ties.  
I just started another zen stitching using the doctor and nurse fabric and the end pieces I cut from the 10" batik squares.  I will finish this Stitch Meditaiton this evening.
  I needed 6 x 9 pieces for the masks I am making first and those little leftover pieces just needed to be in this stitchery!
I have been thinking of all the caregivers and everyone involved with this battle to stop the virus.   We are doing our part by staying home....only go out once a week for groceries.  


I have been researching mask making and have a list of several sites with tutorials for anyone who is interested.  There are a lot of tutorials available but this is just a few I saw:

Jenny Doan from MSQC quick and easy


Leah Day mask with filter pocket

an easy simplified pocket mask using t-shirt ties


The Crafty Quilter another kind of mask




Be sure to check what everyone else is doing today!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. The batiks are lovely and so is your Zen stitching piece. Love the pretty lace. Those bears are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Kim. The bears fabric was given to me over 20 years ago and I just love it....time to use it up!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!