“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching binding

I have been hand sewing the binding on this quilt sitting on the patio the past few cool mornings...... 

and today enjoying some slow stitching!
There is something so relaxing about hand sewing a binding on a quilt...

I like all parts of making a quilt.....but this is satisfying as the quilt is almost done....

But then.....it is sad sometimes because the enjoyment of making this quilt is over.....

Kind of hard to explain.............

This is my yellow brick road quilt I have blogged about the FMQ.

I am linking to Kathy's Quilts  Slow Sunday Stitching


Be sure and check what everyone else is sewing today.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I totally understand what you are talking about when sewing the binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathie....I usually write a blog post with photos when I finish a quilt. I seem to take a lot of pictures along the way on most quilts that I make. For some reason I am just taking my sweet time to get this finished!

      Delete
  2. It is the"finished quilt blues" but just dive into the next project and those blues will be gone. Sometimes after finishing a quilt it takes me a couple of days to get going again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH....I didn't know there was a name for it!! I have a lot of projects in different stages that I work on all the time...I won't have a problem getting onto another finish!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!