“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, February 3, 2017

Valentine placemats and block 1 mystery club

 Finishes for this week..............
Last Saturday I started making pairs of leftover strips of Sandy Gervais fabrics...
I decided to make some placemats for Valentine month.........
 I really enjoy walking foot quilting next to the seams and I just want to do more!!
 I did a selfbinding with #332 stitch on my Bernina.......
 Front and back of each one....the quilting was done with only fusible fleece and the back was added later when I did the binding.
 I varied the second placemat with some rectangles mixed in......

 The last photo is block 1 of 2017 The Children's Library Pat Sloan's Free Mystery Club...
I am linking to crazy mom quilts finish it up Friday........

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Caryl this is beautiful and the reason why I cannot seem to part with any leftover project scraps.

    The mystery block is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene...scrap projects are the most fun!! Well...maybe starting a new project is fun too! You need to check out the Children's Library BOM by Pat Sloan. A new one comes out at the first of the month. Website I love to make quilts.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!