“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Monday, December 3, 2012

another D4P tutorial

 In June 2010 I did a tutorial for D4P....
Yesterday I did a slight change in that method...
 I started with 4 Christmas fabric 5" squares...
I sewed them together....
Here is the difference.......... I cut them 1 1/4" from the seam lines instead of 1"....
I finished the same as 2 years ago....
Keep all the corners in place and move the center outside sections...
L to R and R to L and top to bottom and bottom to top...
then turn the center 180 degrees...
and then sew all the sections together!
This is a fun and quick block to do with 2, 3 or 4 different fabrics in each block!
Be sure to let me know if you try this!!
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

3 comments:

  1. Love D4P made mine using 6.5 inch squares and cut 1.5 inch from the centre seam. They make a really fast quilt that looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO EASY! And your block is very pretty with those fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! D4P's are always so much fun to make! What a beautiful pillow, love the colors you used and buttoned up back! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!