“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas scrappy rectangles squared tabletopper

 I made this for a gift for our party of people I work with....
I used a jelly roll of different Christmas fabrics....
and I made up a very simple design....
 I did machine binding with the buttonhole stitch...
very fun to do....Pat Sloan has a really good tutorial on binding by machine...
 I used decorative stitches along the seam lines...
and wrote messages along the borders....
 here is a photo without flash....
total is 20" x 16"...
close-up of some stitching...
I am linking with Linky Party Tuesday, finish it up Friday and Link a Finish Friday.

smiles and hugs....Caryl

8 comments:

  1. These look great! I love the idea of writing on messages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the decorative stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty! The recipient will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very festive! Great idea writing messages on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The decorative stitching looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!