“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

let's do D9P

I just finished making these little mats/coasters/whatever you want to call them...
they are about 5 1/2" square......
On Sunday afternoon I decided to make a bunch of these for gifts...
I started with a jelly roll of fabrics that I have had for awhile...
I sewed strips in 3 groups of 3 each and then made 9 patches....
I then cut along the centers and twisted the four pieces to make the blocks....
I quilted them with the batting underneath and then trimmed them....
added a back with right sides together..sewed a seam around...
left about a 2" gap....then turned them...and topstitched along the edge.
These were really fun to make and I have more strips to make more...
or to make something else!  Now it is almost time to go to my party!
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

7 comments:

  1. so love your disappearing 9-patch coaster/mats!!! Your colors are totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great mats using the disappearing 9-patch Caryl. Thank you for sharing your tutorial.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. I really like how you put them together to get such a neat pattern for a small square

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great and I like table runner in the post below :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen lots of ways to cut and reposition the 9 patch, but this is new. I like t!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!