“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Peltex fabric journal cover tutorial and To-Do Tuesday #67

 To-Do Tuesday #67 and I completed my goals for the past week which were: 

to continue with creative something every day and post on IG.  I plan to turn on my sewing machine and do some sewing/quilting. 

I have posted every day following the challenge by Joanne Sharpe online class to make some kind of creative play artwork every day.  I am posting to my carylquilts IG with  #mojowithjojo.  

Here is a journal cover I made of collaged fabrics on Peltex 72f two sided fusible.

  


 I have an elastic on the spine to hold the papers inside and a fabric tie to hold it together.  This is probably a temporary way to do this journal  and the next photo is the inside fabric with clocks.  I used the same fabric torn ½" for the tie.



And the cover front and back laid open

The next photo is the inside of the journal with the elastic on the center.  I did some doodle flowers practice and will be adding to the journal page


One of the days this past week I made some fabric snippet rolls.  I cut up one of them and added to the journal cover

The way I did the journal was cut the Peltex 10 x 9 and added pieces of fabric to the top.  I followed the method of stitches by julie.  You lay the fabric beyond the Peltex ½" and use parchment paper to press the fabric onto the Peltex with an iron..  I used some of the charm pieces from June Sew Sampler.  The fabric is The Seamstress by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.  Also some Tula Pink and Tim Holtz and purple ribbon and coffee dyed lace.  The saying was stamped on coffee dyed muslin.  
The lining is cut the same size as the top fabric and right sides together stitch close to the Peltex with a zipper foot.  I left a 6" opening and trimmed the corners and turned it to the right side.  Then I trimmed to 1/4 " all around except at the opening.  It is easy to press the opening closed to the Peltex and press the back flat.  Then topstitch close to the edge.  I used my BSR2  set on the zigzag and FMQ on the top next to the raw edges.  Straight stitch around the flowers and leaves.  
It was fun getting back to using my sewing machine.  AND it had been awhile since I did FMQ and I forgot the slider under the fabric.  I was wondering why it wasn't moving very well!  Now this was a very fun project.  

For this next week 
  • I will do something creative every day to post to IG and also to my FB creative happenings workshop group.
  • Finish fabric collage on book page hand stitching
  • Work on a sewing project
  • List on my blog the you Tube channels subscriptions since the last time I gave a list
I am linking to To-Do Tuesday at   Chris Knits

Come join in the fun

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having fun creating! Thanks for lining up with To-Do Tuesday, good luck with your list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal cover looks wonderful and it will be such fun for you to work in it with your art. Peltex can make some projects a dream to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie...I have a bunch of Peltex...so I can make more!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to pretty up a journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!