“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, August 18, 2016

August Full Moon and Log Cabin Loonies

Full moon and time to post about log cabin blocks.  Some of us are linking together on full moon day each month to show log cabin blocks and quilts.

I have been working on more of the blocks I started for this Log Cabin Lunacy but no pics of those today.

Yesterday I did do a blog post showing quilting of what I call a picnic quilt...
There is a link on yesterday's blog post to last year June 24, 2015 blog post with photos of how I made the blocks...like log cabin blocks.

I am sharing a photo of a log cabin quilt I made last year.  It is called string bean log cabin and it is a free pattern on Craftsy by Pat Sloan.  I used some of her jelly roll fabrics plus others for this quilt.  It was a very fun quilt to make.

Linking to JulieKQuilts with the other Log Cabin Loonies........

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

12 comments:

  1. HI Caryl! I love your gorgeous log cabin quilt! Thank you for sharing with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie...thanks and thank you for the full moon log cabin loonies. I look forward to it each month!

      Delete
  2. Super cute log cabin. It does look fun and fast to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was fun...I did machine quilting and also big stitch quilting in the centers of each block!

      Delete
  3. That is a neat block! Looks like it would go together quickly. I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had a jelly roll and I added some that were close to the same colors.

      Delete
  4. Very darling log cabin design. Nice that something so interesting to look at was so easy to sew up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt. I like that the centers provide space for featuring prints. I love all the florals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. Pat Sloan came up with a great free pattern and I used a lot of her fabrics in this quilt.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!