“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #8


I have been linking up to Home Sewn By Us and this is my 8th week.

So,,,,here is my list from last week and my progress

To-Do for the Week of February 18 through February 24:
  1. Finish the improv brown tablemat yes
  2. Do at least 3 more scrappy around the cabin blocks yes
  3. Yellow brick road quilt top ready to quilt and start FMQ yes
1  I finished the tablemat and did a blog post about it 2/21... here

2  I got three more scrappy around the cabin blocks done for a total of 37 scrappy blocks done.

3  I started to do FMQing on the yellow brick road.  I am using a new to me design....flower power.  I had planned to do it all over.......we will see how it goes...I may add some different designs.  It is hard for me to do the same thing over and over!


Here is a photo of it basted and ready to quilt on the patio I took before I brought it to the machine!


AND I took a photo of my practice............I used a Susan Winget fabric and will make potholders with my practice pieces.

To-Do Tuesday for Week of February 25 through March 2:
  1. Do more FMQ on the yellow brick road quilt
  2. Do some class work in my 2020 Artfully Inspired Life...at least 3 days
  3. Decide on fabrics and design for a baby quilt and start it
  4. Decide on fabrics and design for a tablerunner for a friend and start it
  5. Do at least one page in my creative journal and post in my FB Decorative Journaling group in February
I am linking to Roseanne's Linky #29

Be sure to check it out and join in the fun!

I am also linking to Free Motion Mavericks   week #269

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Oooh, that black/white/yellow fabrics are oh so pretty. The scale on flower power looks just perfect to me for that quilting, and it doesn't look too difficult. I think I have tried a similar design once, although I couldn't tell you on what. It looks like you've had a great week. Here's to another one! Thank you for linking up. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne....I do like the fabrics in this quilt too...and since it has been sitting on my quilt rack waiting to be quilted for several years....it is time! The design is easy and fun....but a learning curve to a larger design with moving the fabric and stopping more to adjust!

      Delete
  2. Hello Caryl,
    Those are lovely fabrics - very bold and 1960s. Best of luck with the quilting!
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muv for your comments. I stopped on the FMQ for a week and now I need to do a little FMQ each day to get this quilted!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!