“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, February 21, 2020

Improv scrappy brown tablerunner finish

 I have been blogging about this and yesterday I finished it.  I took a lot of photos and used this for my FMQ practice.  It will go on top of a desktop...that is 5' from the floor.
 Lots of closeup shots to show all the different stitching.
Crazy matrix.........open heart with echo....some closed hearts.....heart leaves...loops...
leafy meander....switchbacks....ribbon candy....lazy 8......u shapes and then backwards
 Designs from online videos and Bluprint classes.



 I used the improv piecing I have done before from Bluprint class by Jackie Gering and it is a fun way to do a quilt.  I used a lot of old scraps in this quilt.  I did 2½" rectangle pieced borders.
AND the backing is from a purchase in the 90's......
 I am linking to Free Motion Mavericks  week 268

Go and check out what others are making..........

I am also linking to Oh Scrap! 
This quilt has some really old scraps from more than 20 years ago!!

AND go check out the other posts in her link

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had SEW much fun with this runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caryl, what a great practice piece. You got to use a lot of your designs on this one. The practice FMQ goes great with the scrappy piecing. I'm going to look at Jackie Gering's improv piecing on BluPrint. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andree............it seems like there is an endless supply of FMQ designs! I enjoy learning about new ones and stitching them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!