“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #3


For the past two weeks I have linked up with Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday.

Having a list keeps me focused on my plan for the week and I think I get more done with this published list.  So I am continuing with making a list and putting it on my blog.

Here is my list from last week and my progress

To-Do for the Week of January 14th through 20th:
  1. Finish quilting batik rails quilt and get ready to add binding.  yes
  2. Do 4 pages of Joanne Sharpe online class book Artfully Inspired Life
  3. Make 4 more Scrappy Strips Around the Cabin blocks  yes
  4. Start an improv table runner for the top of bookcase on office desk.  yes
1.  I finished FMQ and got the binding ready and have applied the binding....and started hand stitching the binding to the back.  Here is the photo I took yesterday of the quilt trimmed and ready for the binding.


2.  I did not get 4 pages done in my 2020 Artfully Inspired Life book but I did work in this book. 

3.  I made 4 more blocks for the Scrappy Strips Around the Cabin quilt.  The photo shows the four in a group of blocks with paw print centers.  I have 9 blocks with these fabrics to add to 21 more blocks I have of all various shapes and fabrics.


4.  I started the improv table runner.  The photo shows the groups of strips sewn together and also some of the 2 patches added together for 4 patches.  I have them numbered 1 through 9 to keep track of which ones I have joined together so I don't have repeats....for more of a variety.  Most of these are really old fabrics that I want to use up and this quilt won't be very visible because it will be up on top of the bookcase.



To-Do for the Week of January 21st through 27th:

  1. Piece the improv table runner which will be 14 x 57 and do FMQ practice
  2. Do some cutting and/or sewing of the Frolic quilt at least 4 days
  3. Work on 2020 Artfully Inspired LIfe book at least 4 days

I am linking up with Roseannes  Linky #24.

Be sure to check it out and join in the fun!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Just seeing #3 in your post title makes me smile. I think they say it takes three weeks or #21 for it to become a habit . . . we'll have to wait and see if that holds true. I am looking forward to seeing your improv table runner. I'm not much on improv - but I'd like to be! Wonky stuff just throws me off . . . unless I know it is supposed to be wonky and even then I find a pattern to follow for it. I can't do random either - fabrics have to match or not clash before I can sew them together. HA! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - thanks for linking up, too!!

      Delete
    2. Hi Roseanne......and posting these to-dos is getting addictive! It really helps me! I usually don't like wonky...but improv is fun for me to just experiment with different shapes and not matching seams.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!