“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Log Cabin Loonies Linky Party week 1

 Tuesday is the day for sharing our progress on our log cabin blocks.  This is such fun and I can't wait to see how everyone else is doing!

The first photo is my test block....for this log cabin quiltalong hosted by JulieKQuilts.

The blocks are 4½".  The strips are 1" strips and the centers are 1½" squares.  And I think it is more fun if the centers are stored in a cute dish!  I got the idea from Julie.
 Second photo was at the sewing machine with the chain piecing of those little blocks.  I am not pressing with an iron until the end like Julie suggested and it is what she does.  Finger pressing goes a lot quicker!!
This is the photo I took last week when I was starting.  Julie has directions on her blog.  Piecing is done counter clockwise. 

I have been making tiny log cabins before....but I go clockwise with my other log cabin blocks.  AND I don't have the lights and darks....they are mostly mediums all scrappy.  Now I am searching for darks and realize I don't have as many darks as I do mediums in my stash!  But I will keep searching....I have my fabrics in various areas of my house!

I hope those reading about this will join in the fun!  Here is the link to the post about directions:
http://juliekquilts.blogspot.com/2018/08/calling-all-log-cabin-loonies.html

Linking to juliekquilts
and Freemotion by the River  Linky Tuesday

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

7 comments:

  1. I love your baby blocks...such pretty colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie....this is fun and thanks for reviving the Log Cabin Loonies!

      Delete
  2. How big of a project are you going for? Very cute so far;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see all your scraps ready to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to cut a lot ahead so I am ready to sew more blocks. It is a fun project to have waiting for me at the machine!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!