“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, October 20, 2017

Another charm box mini quilt

 I really like making this charm box quilt pattern and the first one I made was smaller.  I posted about it last year.  This one is 18" square.  I am hanging it in the kitchen where I had the smaller one.  I have been working on it for awhile and finally finished it today!!  It is a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop and is Lori Holt fabric. 
It is so good to have a finish it up Friday to push me along!!
 Joanne Sharpe has a new class online Draw Your Awesome Letters.  SUCH FUN!!
 I got a new palette tray and it is easy to swipe the little distress ink pads and then using a wet brush and water do backgrounds for my creative journals.  I got the idea to get this from Kathy at The Daily Marker.  It is fun to add all kinds of things to my creative journals!
 We spent a great day walking around at the Safari Park.  It is nice for my hubs to be able to walk easily without pain in his knee now!  Before his knee replacement in April the pain was too much to walk for any distance. 
 Here is another scrappy rectangle block. 
And in September we celebrated our 56th wedding anniversary.  We went to the Lake Cuyamaca Restaurant and walked by the water.  We spent time in Julian and Pine Hills...........some of our favorite places to visit.

Linking to finish it up Friday crazy mom quilts   and Linky Tuesday.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!