“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #32

  My 32nd week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday


Here is my progress from last week
To-Do Tuesday week of August 18 through August 24:
  1. FMQ practice and finish up some of the potholders 
  2. join together some scrappy around the cabin blocks yes
  3. Do another Stitch Meditation (zen stitching) yes
I didn't finish any potholders because my machine is not stitching correctly right now.
Here is the Daisy potholder with the clips holding the self binding ready to sew in place.
And here is a photo from my last blog post with the two sections ready to go together....The last blog post also shows the other side of the zentangle design on the outside of the fabric.

Photo of some of the blocks in my scrappy around the cabin
I have been watching some Bluprint/Craftsy classes and started two projects.  
One is a class by Judith Trager and here is the start of some of the blocks in her class that she calls contemporary log cabin.  These are blocks to practice the technique for background blocks for art quilts. These blocks are made from triangles, wedges and strips.....the photo shows the start of three blocks.
 The other Bluprint/Craftsy class is by Joe Cunningham and is called 3 Crazy Sisters.  Here are the first 5 blocks I made.  I am just making a mini quilt to hang by my Beatrix Potter collectibles.
I just wanted to try the technique........
Here is another photo of some of the pieces......

To-Do Tuesday week of August 25 through August 31:
Projects I will be working on:
  1. mini 3 crazy sisters
  2. contemporary log cabin
  3. dolphin runner
  4. Stitch Meditation
  5. scrappy around the cabin
I am linking to Roseanne's 

Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Oh, that Beatrix Potter fabrics are so cool. I love how those blocks are coming together! And the contemporary log cabin blocks look way cool, too. Hmmm. Those might be a good fun way to use up some scraps of odd sizes. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne....thanks for commenting. Those Bluprint class projects are very fun. I am so glad we will still have Craftsy and all the classes!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!