“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, March 19, 2021

free-pieced log cabin blocks

 I do really love making log cabin blocks..............

AND I really love improv piecing.........

There is so much inspiration from YouTube videos.  This week I watched MSQC with Misty talking about free-pieced log cabin blocks and I had just watched Pat Sloan talk about piecing crumb blocks.  

I was making improv blocks using Jacquie Gering method...and decided to switch to a different kind of block in the same runner I am making for the top of a file cabinet.  Here is the design board with blocks...


Here is the bottom left log cabin block pieced before cutting wonky and after cutting



I really enjoy making blocks with no rules.....don't worry about being perfect...just create!!!

Misty said in the video they were inspired by the quilters of Gee's Bend.  

Now.....back to March Madness basketball games!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Never did the top of a filing cabinet look so good. Those blocks look so much fun.....and fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim....yes the blocks are fun to make. Improv is my favorite these days!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!