“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

Today I worked on two projects that are stitched by hand............

The first one is a project I started this last week and is a little mini wall hanging....

I blogged about this last Tuesday........

I was watching Joe Cunningham on Bluprint/Craftsy and decided I needed to try one of the projects...

The 3 Crazy Sister quilt was the one I chose to start........

I need a little quilt for the wall in my bathroom    next to my Beatrix Potter collection...

Soooo....I decided to use some of my Beatrix Potter fabric and I added a shiny blue fabric as an accent.

I got it together and had planned on quilting it by machine....but changed my mind and decided to hand quilt it!  I started quilting it today and took a photo....


I was having difficulty with the thread twisting and knotting and then I discovered some loops as I hadn't pullted the thread tight enough.....I finally ended up pulling out all the quilting I had done!!

AND NOW I am using 12 wt purple.....that I wanted to use to start with....but it shows more....BUT it makes me so happy.....no photos yet.

In the meantime....I was also working on binding of the dolphin runner I have blogged about previously.





I am linking to Kathy's Quilts  Slow Sunday Stitching


Be sure and check what everyone else is sewing today.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. The Beatrix Potter fabric is sweet. The addition of the blue contrast fabric is a nice touch. Love the backing fabric on the dolphin quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim....I am glad I am using this Beatrix Potter fabric instead of saving it. The choice was simple for the back of the dolphin runner as the person I am making this will love it!

      Delete
  2. Adorable Beatrix Potter fabric and cute quilt.
    I pull my thread through a pure paraffin candle before threading to prevent twists and knots. Maybe that will help. (You can buy Kosher Shabbat candles in most supermarkets and those are pure unscented paraffin.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miri....I didn't think of that....I forgot that I used to add something like that to the thread as I stitched!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!