“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, January 11, 2020

FMQ practice

Today I wrote the word practice...........in my batik rales quilt.  I have been doing FMQ practice and that is what it takes to get better.  I am using this quilt as my practice. 

My inspiration for today and 10 minutes of FMQ was from Bluprint class by Christina Cameli.  From the class Free-Motion Quilting Essentials I did pebbles, spiral vine and feathers.

The other parts at the bottom are from her book Fog, Orange Peel Echoed and Plenty.

There are other parts of this photo I did with a ruler and just practice.

I still need a lot of practice to get these to look decent.......but I wanted to share what I have done this week so far.

I am linking to Free Motion Mavericks
https://quiltinglearningcombo.blogspot.com/2020/01/sacred-geometry-for-project-quilting-at.html

I just found out about this link today and wanted to share my practice of FMQ.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. This is looking really good...keep going! I love Christina Cameli's classes and have a few myself...lots of really interesting designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!