“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #11

I have been linking up to Home Sewn By Us and this is my 11th week.


Here is my list from last week and my progress

To-Do Tuesday for Week of March 10 through March 16:
  1. Make 3 more Mai-Tai quilt blocks using the pineapple quilt block foundation paper.  almost
  2. Make 3 more scrappy around the cabin blocks yes
  3. Work on one or more of my online classes 3 days. yes
1.Since I don't do one block at a time and do multiples with each step....I didn't actually finish 3 more but I worked on 5 blocks.  It is easier to do multiple steps together....trim...sew...press and repeat.  Each block has 25 pieces.  It still is a lot of jumping up and down with doing 5 blocks at the same time!
2. I finished 3 more scrappy blocks for a total of 42 now.  I will be squaring them up when I do the layout and will probably add strips between at places to make it fit together as they are all different size blocks.

3. I actually finished several pages in my 2020 Artfully Inspired Life online class.

Update on the 15 week 200 mile challenge I started on Sunday, March 8.   #2020spring200mile15weekchallenge
Through yesterday I have walked 20.08 miles.  
With average needed of 2 miles a day I am ahead of schedule.  This is a doable challenge and I like to be ahead with extra for those days when I just don't want to or can't get 2 miles!!  Anyone else doing this challenge?

I did my 10th stitch meditation.  The Stitch Meditation is something you do without much planning.  I stopped doing them for awhile because I was trying too hard to think of things to stitch.....and that defeats the purpose....it is to be quiet stitching with no thought or plan!
I put Dye-na-flow ink/paint in drops and lines on PFD fabric and then spritzed with water for a watercolor effect.  The background is old denim jeans.

To-Do Tuesday for Week of March 17 through March 23:
  1. Start a new quilt from my list of quilts I want to make.
  2. Do more zen stitching....Stitch Meditations
  3. Do more hand quilting on liberated log cabin quilt
  4. Spend at least 10 minutes every day at my sewing machine

I am linking to Roseanne's  Linky #32

Be sure to check it out and join in the fun!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! You did a great job on last week's list. I love that dyed piece - it looks very cool. Thanks so much for linking up today, and good luck on next week's list. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scrappy blocks! That may be something I should do to tame my scrap bins! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda....one of my favorite things is to make log cabin blocks with scraps and strips!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!