“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I have been working on my Valentine Kawandi mug rug that I started I mentioned in last week's blog


sorry for the dark photo.  This is where I am today...almost ready to add the center..

Every morning I check YouTube for interesting videos.  I have a fire stick on a small TV at my desk.  This morning there was a video about momigami.  I have never heard of it before.  For those who don't know it is a Japanese papermaking method described as kneaded paper.  It makes the paper soft like fabric.  In the video she did some slow stitching on it.

  I wanted to try it.  I did some experimenting.

The first photo is watercolor paper that I had painted.  I used a small Japanese  saucer with some lotion and used a clear plate for laying it out to smooth between times of rolling it up and squashing the paper.


Next photo is the piece of paper I tore off a piece to compare before and after.


The next photo shows some denim I am stitching with perle cotton and will be used for a journal cover.  I might be adding some paper inspired by monogami to this piece.


AND I am working on the January lessons from my Joanne Sharpe class 2023 Artfully Inspired Life online course.  Next is a photo from my class book. In the photo is the alphabet from one of my journals of NYC checkered cab alphabet from Joanne Sharp book Artful Alphabets.


I am linking to Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2023/01/slow-sunday-stitching_0329602671.html


Smiles and hugs....Caryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!