“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #30

 My 30th week of linking to Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday


Here is my progress from last week

To-Do Tuesday for week of August 4 through August 10:
  1. Add sashing to my scrappy rectangle blocks yes
  2. Finish yellow brick road quilt yes
  3. Gather all my quilt books and put together in one place yes
  4. FMQ practice at least 4 days yes
  5. Online class lessons 4 days and complete at least one page yes
1 I got all of the vertical sashing done
2 I finished the yellow brick road quilt and did a blog post about it yesterday with LOTS of photos
3 I added another shelf unit next to the one in my sewing room for all the quilting books.  I will also have notebooks with patterns printed out and Craftsy/Bluprint class material printouts.  
I am now putting the books in A to Z order by first name of author.  AND a WORD document chart listing all of them.
4 I used my 2 rulers in FMQ practice on fabric that will be potholders.  On the straight stitching I ran out of the thread in the middle and it shows where the lines meet.  I will add lines going the other direction and hope it won't be noticed.  Trouble shooting is part of the practice....


6 I worked on my online class lessons on six different days!

To-Do Tuesday for week of August 11 through August 17:
  1. Make some more scrappy around the cabin blocks
  2. Add horizontal sashing to scrappy rectangle blocks
  3. FMQ practice 4 days
  4. Work on dolphin runner hand binding
  5. Online class lessons at least 4 days
I am linking to Roseanne's 

Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Caryl! Oh, I almost always run out of thread when I'm doing straight-line stitching. And ALWAYS at the most inopportune time. Then the new line of stitching NEVER matches up - it seems as if that is a requirement. Great job on all of the yeses for last week's list. Thank you for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne....I am usually careful to check the bobbin thread when doing a quilt....but this was practice...good way to figure out what happens AND how difficult it is to match the straight line!

      Delete
  2. Practice makes perfect... or at least makes us better! Good job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen....it takes practice every day to keep getting better!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!