“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Background pages.....creative journaling

 Here are the photos of my first time trying out Lindy's magical powders.  They are very fine powders...put them on the page and then spray with water.  On some papers the color goes through to the other side....like the Midori on the right.  It will be okay to journal over.  These were done several weeks ago. 
 Today I put the powders on a piece of tile and used my waterbrush to put the the color on the page. 
 I didn't like this look............
 so I sprayed water with the mini mister for more of a watercolor look....
 Then I used the leftovers on the tile to make a more subdued background page on the right.  I will probably use a white pen to journal over the page on the left.  I really like these colors and will be trying more ways of using them.
This last photo was from last month..........practicing and playing!  Using a stencil brush and acrylic paint to attempt to paint flowers.   On the left is a watercolor background and on the right is black gesso background. 

I enjoy painting almost as much as quilting and will be searching for more ways to combine the two!  I am taking creative journaling classes and I enjoy learning new things and trying out new products. 

I am sharing this to encourage you to try new things and anyone can do this.  I would always welcome new ideas and fun things to learn about painting and quilting together.....so let me know.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!