“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, July 21, 2017

More Sunkissed placemats

 This week I finished two more Sunkissed placemats.  All four of them are different patterns.
This one I did the serpenine stitch to quilt through the front and back after sewing front and back right sides and turning.  I also used a 4.0 stitch to topstitch around the edge.
 This one is a quilt as you go design.  I quilted the top and batting and no quilting on the back.

 Photo of the beginning of quilting.  This is really fun to do!!
 Gudrun Erla of GE Designs is doing a sew along in her FB group.  I started this pattern in 2009 and put it away and just got it out this week to work on it.  I am using the Memento fabric.
 The last photo is the three fabrics I have chosen for another sew along I am doing.
I am happy to have finishes this week even though they are small projects.  I got out my peg stamps and did some stamping this week also as well as other quilty projects.  CREATE EVERY DAY.....that is what I strive to do.  I have a lot of choices of projects layed out and ready to go....and that makes it fun every day!!
Linking to crazymomquilts   finish it up Friday
and Freemotion by the River    Linky Tuesday

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

6 comments:

  1. The placemats are very cute and summery! Love Gudrun's designs, will be fun to see yours come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki.....I like that I have four all different designs with the same fabrics. It will be fun for me to see how the Strip Maze quilt comes out too....

      Delete
  2. Hi Caryl,
    What cute placemats. I need to make some for my sister, along with a table topper or runner as a house warming gift. These look easy and would look nice on her breakfast bar. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne. I like to make small projects that are quick to finish!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty, and a fun project to make. I enjoy making placemats, and come to think of it, I could probably use some myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace....I really like making placemats and using the quilt as you o method is so fun!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!