“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, December 24, 2010

polka dot table topper


this is a table topper I made for a gift for a party at work....
I used ME Isn't Christmas Jolly jelly roll for top...

I used a length of white with red dots and sewed 1/2 of a red print...
and 1/2 of another red print to it...
then I did the same for the white with green dots...
length of white with green and 1/2 of two greens...

I cut the pairs 2 1/2" and placed as shown on the photos....
I used 2 strips of red with white dots for the borders...
the back is the same as one of the red prints....
I quilted with loops and added our work initials and year...
I brought the back fabric to the front for a self binding...
and used a decorative stitch (332 on Bernina)...

I found a red with white casserole dish at Home Goods...
and red placemats and Christmas spreaders...

it was a fun present to give and was popular at the party!!!
Merry Christmas to everyone....
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!