“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Japan star is finished


I started this in May of this year...
and then went on to other projects...

this is No. 15 Japan from the Carol Doak Mariner's Compass Stars book....

The book has a CD and it is easy to print the patterns onto paper...
I used Carol Doak's foundation paper this time...
I listened to Carol on TQS to review her tips....

trim---sew---press---and repeat...
paper piecing is fun once you get in the rhythm of it!!!...
I used clear thread to quilt and did stitch in the ditch...
I used Holly Holderman antique dots for the binding...
any questions? I would be glad to answer...
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

1 comment:

  1. Caryl, this is gorgeous! I love your design and fabric choices. Makes me want to do some foundation piecing again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!