“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #17

This is my 17th week of linking with Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday.

Here is my list from last week and my progress

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of April 21 through April 27:
  1. Work on the mini quilt from the online class quilting and binding.yes
  2. FMQ the yellow brick road quilt and practice FMQ on other projects...for at least 4 days this week.yes
  3. Work on at least one of my other quilt projects and maybe start another quilt from my list to make.yes
1 I finished the hand quilting and added some more machine quilting and trimmed the edges.  And now I am ready to add the binding
2 I did FMQ for 4 days this week on the practice potholder and the yellow brick road quilt.  I switched to some new designs by Lori Kennedy...Claire's peony and forget-me-not.  I didn't take a photo.
3 I worked on the pineapple paper piece quilt

I made a new...what I call...Homemade Paper Booklet.  Here is the photo of the old one and the new pages I sewed together for the new one.

Here is how I make them.........I fold legal size paper twice.  I stitch on my sewing machine in the fold of 3 or 4 papers together.  I use a total of 10 papers for each book.  Then I put Washi tape on the edges to make pockets to put cut out pieces of old file folders.  I put Washi tape to join the sections together.  I use this for practice stamping before I put the stamp in a project and record ink types and colors.  I use it for paint swatches with the names of the paint and brush used.  I also jot down techniques and reminders of procedures mostly in my creative journals and new techniques I learn from online classes.  

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of April 28 through May 4:
  1. Finish the mini quilt asymmetrical log cabin
  2. Finish the last 3 pineapple paper pieced blocks
  3. Participate in Quarantine Quilt Along Round 2 with GE Designs. 
It is hard to resist a quilt along.  Gudrun has a new pattern called Hope and it is available with a small charity donation to several charities she has chosen.  The Live FB Broadcast will be May 3rd and will also be on YouTube.   

Do you like to sew along with thousands and thousands of quilters all over the world.............it will be fun this Sunday.  Check out more about it and join.  Let me know if you are going to join the quilt along.


Be sure to check the link for Linky #38 and join in the fun!

5 comments:

  1. Your homemade paper booklet is so clever! Thanks for sharing the idea. And what a gorgeous quilt at the top of your blog! Take care, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caryl! You are doing so well on your lists. I find that fascinating about your homemade paper booklet. It's a great idea. Just the perfect place for practice stamping with a record of what your finally used along with other helpful tips for yourself. The addition of the tabs is just plain beyond brilliant! Thanks for sharing that idea with us. And, thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought of sharing it before...until I was making a new one. Very simple to make and very useful!

      Delete
  3. That's a clever way to make your booklet by sewing it together! Good job on meeting your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes in handy to keep track of what inks and colors I use when I want to make more. Also....many simple techniques that I learn and then forget about are in this little booklet!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!