“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #18 and Hope quilt along

This is my 18th week of linking with Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday.

Here is my list from last week and my progress


To-Do Tuesday for the Week of April 28 through May 4:
  1. Finish the mini quilt asymmetrical log cabin almost
  2. Finish the last 3 pineapple paper pieced blocks yes
  3. Participate in Quarantine Quilt Along Round 2 with GE Designs. yes 
1  It is almost done except about half of the hand binding to the back....I decided not to finish it this last week because I want to sit outside and finish it this week.  I usually do the hand binding at night but these fabrics are dark on the back and will be easier to see by daylight!
2  I got all the pineapple blocks sewn now and the photo shows the pile of 9 of them for a small mini quilt.  Not all of them were cut off on the outside line yet....the reason for some looking strange!
3  The Hope quilt along was a great success.  Gudrun of GEDesigns did a new pattern for the quilt along.  As of Sunday she had raised $34,150 with the sale of the pattern that will go to several charities she has chosen.  The Live FB Broadcast was May 3rd and now it is also on YouTube.  
I am using 10" squares of batik fabric and black accent strips.  The photo shows the fabrics and the arrow stickers on my Stripology Squared ruler marked for cutting the A blocks.

This week I started making a different mask pattern using t-shirt ties.  Here is the photo of the first one

Next are food photos from the last week...........I have been cooking more now that we can't go out to eat!  We used to eat out 10 to 12 times a month at a great variety of places.  
When I cook....it has to be.........easy......healthy......and delicious!!!

Bubble up enchilada casserole.  Recipe from emilybites.com
All of her recipes have the WW points listed.
Turkey meatball subs and roast potatoes

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of May 5 through May 11:
  1. Work on the Hope quilt
  2. Make more masks.  I ordered some elastic and just received it so now I will make a different pattern.  I have seen a lot of videos on making masks and just want a very easy and basic mask pattern to make with elastic.  Some people can't use the ties as their fingers don't work right to tie a bow.  (I live in a senior community) And then some people really like the strips to tie bows.  
  3. Trim the pineapple paper pieced blocks and add sashing.


Be sure to check the link for Linky #39 and join in the fun!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. hi Caryl! I just love all those pineapple blocks. I have wanted to make a quilt using this block for ages, and each and every time I see them it reminds me. There are SO many different patterns for masks. I have made a highbred of your samples - I used the t-shirt strips in place of elastic so there's no tie. Just 7" strips and they stretch like the elastic ones without the chafing. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne.....the pineapple blocks are easy with the foundation paper...that is if you follow the directions. I goofed on one and cut wrong so I can't use that block! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!