“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Not All Solids quilt finish & To-Do Tuesday #13


Yesterday I finished my Not All Solids liberated log cabin mini quilt!


It measures 15" x 17".  I started it last June after watching a TQS show.
The show is #2310 Big Impact with Bits, Scraps and Tiny Blocks with Lynn Carson Harris.  I just fell in love with this improv method using tiny scraps!
I used Riley Blake crayola solid colors for most of this but added a few pieces from my stash that are not solid....hence the name of the quilt!  I have blogged about this before.  I have been hand quilting this when we meet for our Tuesday quilt group.  This quilt has been so much fun to make.....I just want to make another one!!


This is my 13th week of linking with Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday.

Here is my list from last week and my progress
To-Do Tuesday for Week of March 24 through March 30:
  1. Start putting my Around the Cabin blocks together and see how many more I need to make yes
  2. Finish 3 more pineapple foundation paper pieced blocks yes
  3. Get binding on the liberated log cabin quilt yes
  4. Get the rest of the pieces cut out for the Apple Crisp quilt and sew more HST blocks almost
1 I got several groups of blocks sewn together....will be challenging as most of these blocks are all different sizes!  I have just been sewing blocks over the past year between other projects....now it is time to get them trimmed or add to some for them to match up!
2 3 more pineapple blocks done and total of 6 done now
3 As above I finished this quilt
Here is the back of the quilt using lime green Bobbins and Bits fabric

4 I cut out more of the Apple Crisp pieces but not all of them...and did more sewing of HST blocks

Update on the 15 week 200 mile challenge I started on Sunday, March 8 #2020spring200mile15weekchallenge
Through yesterday I have walked 50.74 miles.  
With average needed of 2 miles a day I am ahead of schedule.  This is a doable challenge and I like to be ahead with extra for those days when I just don't want to or can't get 2 miles!!  Anyone else doing this challenge?

To-Do Tuesday for Week of March 31 through April 6:
  1. Do more Stitch Meditations
  2. Do more FMQ on the yellow brick road quilt
  3. Work on online class lessons
  4. Spend time each day in my creative journal
Here is a page from my creative journal that I posted in my FB group

I am linking to Roseanne's  linky #34

Be sure to check it out and join in the fun!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Lucky post number 13. I just love, Love, LOVE your colorful mini. It just makes me smile and that binding!! It is just perfection. Nice job with the finish and how wonderful that you enjoyed every minute of making it. I think you should make a complementary piece - maybe one in black/gray/whites as if it was a picture to show tones and contrast? You did fabulous on your list last week. Here's to another productive week ahead. Thanks so much for linking up this week. Stay healthy and safe. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!