“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #20

This is my 20th week of linking with Home Sewn By Us for To-Do Tuesday.

Here is my list from last week and my progress

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of May 12 through May 18:
  1. Work on quilts..........Hope...Mai Tai (pineapple blocks) and Yellow Brick Road yes
  2. Work on online class and creative journal 4 days at least yes
  3. Learn about Zoom.........our small quilt group is meeting on Zoom and I have the e-mail invite......now just figure out what to do since this is my first time with Zoom. yes
1 On the Hope quilt the A blocks are in stages of completion.  The photos show one done and another under the stripology squared ruler waiting to be squared.  There are others ready to be squared and some yet to be sewn together.  The blue arrows are for lining up the center black strip and the corners of the 10" square.  The pink arrows were the cutting arrows for the A blocks.


    On the Mai Tai quilt the pineapple blocks are done with sashing
    On the yellow brick road I did some more FMQ adding a different flower...........Faye's flower by Lori Kennedy....and also some loops and heart leaves....my favorites!!

I did some FMQ to practice on an old Susan Winget fabric with a sunflower.  I used the ruler for the straight lines around the red edge and did not use the ruler foot.....I just continued to use the BSR foot.  It seemed to work doing it carefully and it was easier than doing a straight line with the BSR foot.


2 I worked in my creative journal and on the online class each for six days this past week.  (yeah....more than my goal!)

3 I did have audio issues with my connection to Zoom.  At first I had both my phone and tablet signed into the meeting.  The group saw 2 images of me and took the phone one off of the meeting.  Then I had a lot of trouble getting audio on my tablet....they could see me but couldn't hear me!!  Finally I was able to get it to work at the end..........very frustrating.  I am used to my iPad and the iPad is too old to use on Zoom.

To-Do Tuesday for the Week of May 19 through May 25:
  1. Finish the A blocks on the Hope quilt
  2. Work on one or more quilts to be given as gifts
  3. Work on 3 or 4 pages in my 2020 Artfully Inspired Life online class


Be sure to see what everyone else is doing and join in the fun!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl! Nice job on your list. The pineapple blocks look fab - it is inspiring me to bump that want-to-do idea higher on the list. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne....thanks for keeping this linky to do party going every week! If you decide to do the pineapple blocks you must know that it is not a fast process. The steps are done one at a time and are easy but must be followed in order. AND the Add-A-Quarter Plus ruler is a must! Hugs...Caryl

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!