“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, January 18, 2019

Strip Maze finished

 I finished this quilt this week.....first UFO of this year.  I started this quilt in November 2009.
 Strip Maze pattern by Gudrun of GEDesigns and I used Mementos fabrics.

I have been researching my notes and photos about working on this quilt over the years.
I got stopped on this the first time when the Cross Country Christmas blog hop started online in November 2009.  I stopped to make a lot of the projects of this wonderful blog hop.  One of them was Gudrun's Sweet Trimmings wallhanging.  In case you didn't know....I get sidetracked really easy!!!
 I restarted working on it again in the summer of 2017 when Gudrun started the Strip Maze sew along with the FB Gudrun's Quilt Crew.  I did do some blog posts about this in September 2017.  The photo shows me chain sewing the blocks by starting on the top of the left column and keeping the thread between each block.  The right block goes over the left in each row to be able to hold everything together.  The blog post September 15, 2017 shows the top together.
 This got put away again until this last November when I started quilting it.  It was the UFO I chose to work on for the month.  I did put a similar photo on IG of doing this machine quilting.  This is using the walking foot with the #4 stitch and I used 2.5 x 2.5 stitch width and length.  I got the binding on the end of November and started hand stitching the binding to the back at our quilt retreat in December.
I have worked on this at our Tuesday bee quilt meetings and finished it this last Tuesday...I am holding it for the photo.  I posted this photo on IG, WW Connect (#quiltersofww), on FB Quilt Mashup and FB Gudrun's Quilt Crew.  It was a very fun quilt to make.

Linking to
https://conniekresin.com/2019/01/linky-tuesday-january-22.html

http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/2019/01/rain-rain-go-away.html

http://thecraftyquilter.com/2019/01/january-ufo-wip-link-up/

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations. This is a beautiful quilt. Love your palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and congrats on the finish! Sometimes a quilt just needs to "rest" a bit before it gets finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie....and I hope to get a lot more of my "resting" quilts done this year!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Alison.....and checking into your blog. Lots of fun projects!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!