“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Monday, October 22, 2018

Projects and recipes

 One of my favorite ways to quilt is with my walking foot.  I had planned to hand quilt this little tablemat but decided to finish it up by machine.  It has been sitting here waiting for awhile.
 Layout for Cool Cats and I am now ready to start sewing.  I will blog about it later with other photos.
I am still working on my log cabin blocks every day a little at a time.
I have been making peanut butter banana bread quite a few times in September and October after I found a recipe to make it low points.  I have had requests on IG and WW Connect for the recipe and decided to add it to my blog.  THEN....I decided to start another blog....it will contain recipes and I am calling it "hungry to lose".  That is the name of my blog I had on the WW site several years ago.  There was a community of blogs and challenges and all kinds of different groups at the WW site and they did away with the community and now it is called Connect. 
I am posting this recipe here today but from now on I will put food related things in the new blog.
Anyway....here is the recipe:

Peanut Butter Banana Bread
If you are searching on the internet for a banana bread recipe, it might be called salted caramel banana bread or another name.  The original recipe was 8 WW smart points for the whole thing.
I made changes to the recipes I saw and this is my version:

3/4 cup Kodiak cakes crunch peanut butter
3 scoops Quest peanut butter protein powder
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Mix these ingredients together.  (I put these 5 things in plastic bags to be ready to add the wet ingredients whenever I am ready to make this recipe.)
2 ½ - 3 bananas mashed (this measures to a heaping cup)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup water
Place in greased bundt pan and bake 375° for 30 minutes
12 WW smart points for the whole thing

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!