“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Christmas mini quilt finish

 I finished this little quilt that I started at a retreat in December.  AND the backing I used is what I purchased at the retreat from someone in another group that brought fabric from her home store to sell.  It has gold in it and I bought it mainly to go with the fabrics I was using for the Solstice quilt along.  Yes....I will get back to those blocks............. 
 I like having this as a memory of that wonderful retreat!

 Last month Amanda Jean of crazy mom quilts mentioned in her blog about her Hello Kitty sewing machine.  Reading that sparked my search to get one for me and to teach my GGD how to sew.  She just turned 6 and has an interest in sewing.  This will make it even more fun for her and it is a great extra machine for me to use too....it is not a toy.

There are more creative things I will share in another blog post.  I did start a group on FB that makes it easier for me to snap a photo and post from my phone.  I like to document and keep records of my creative projects.  AND I like to be creative every day.  I like to learn new things and inspire and be inspired.  It is a closed group but can be found with a search for those interested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weight Watcher lifestyle
Here is a photo of a breakfast I have 2 or 3 times a week.  A light English muffin, Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles and egg with tiny bit of FF cheddar cheese.  With cuties and coffee.....makes a delicious breakfast.

Linking to crazy mom quilts
and Freemotion by the River

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. I really like your Christmas quilt and your delicious sounding breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Christmas quilt! And your breakfast sounds balanced and healthy (and I’m on Weight Watchers). I do something similar, but use Canadian bacon instead of sausage. And often I’ll make six at once and freeze the extras for a quick meal on the go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. Great idea to make a bunch and freeze. I am always looking for low point foods and really delicious and comforting. The only way to do this WW lifestyle is to not feel deprived!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!