“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, January 4, 2018

A quilt sew along

 There is a sew along starting now.  I have printed out the pattern and this is the jelly roll I have chosen.
This jelly roll is about 10 years old and I need to use it.  I think I bought it to make a purse and that is not happening.

Regatta Quilt Sew Along by Home Sewn By Us is where you will find the sew along if you want to join in the fun.
The pattern calls for each row to have the same fabric.....but I don't have very many strips that are the same on this jelly roll so it will be a mixture of patterns but the colors will be close!
So now I completed the first part of the sew along......select the fabric.

I have chosen my word for the year and it is............consistency.  I am going to do a page about it in my creative journal.

I started two new online classes this week:
       John'aLee's Jubilee class about journaling and planning.  Setting up a bullet journal.
       Joanne Sharpe class 2018 Artfully Inspired Life

Anyone else going to do this sew along??

Linking to Linky Tuesday  freemotion by the river

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

8 comments:

  1. Carly I think this will make a great quilt. Can hardly wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am doing the sew along and have chosen my fabric and maybe I will go cut my background fabric this afternoon. I am glad I am not the only one with 'older' fabric!!!! I was cutting up some old Forest green fabric last weekend, figured I will someday use it in a donation quilt. I cut 10, 5 and 2.5 inch sqs. and then what was left was strips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki...I am glad you are doing this sew along and I can' wait to see your quilt! Good idea to cut up that old stuff and use it!

      Delete
  3. Hi Caryl,
    I love the fabrics you chose for the Regatta quilt! They are such rich and vibrant colors - ooh, that will be beautiful! I can't wait to see it come together. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics, this will be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!